These birthday-sized black candles (ala Eugene Burger) are self-extinguishing using a brand-new method. They are real, factory-made spiral birthday candles with an in-tact wick running from top to bottom. Eclipse Candles are perfect for seances, dead-and-alive tests, kurotsuke effects and so much more, many of which are touched on in the instruction manual. We’re excited to present these candles to you after many years of research and development alongside one of the world’s largest birthday candle manufacturers.
These candles are so small and innocent that nobody will ever believe anything unusual could be hiding inside. And, unlike a cut or snipped wick, the upper half of the wick won't simply fall off the candle while still lit. These candles contain a wick that’s bottom portion is factory-coated in a black wax-like material which acts as a flame retardant. This specially-treated material is designed to blend in with the black wax of the candle, leading to an eerie extinguishing effect.
It does not look like it’s been blown out (otherwise, audiences would assume that’s exactly what’s happened). Instead, it behaves as though it’s been robbed of oxygen; as if an invisible glass were placed over the candle (see below).
Includes an instructional manual with performance ideas, tips, and tricks.
A few things to note:
- They are timed to go out after exactly six minutes. This, however, can be modified by pre-burning the candle for a desired period of time.
- Extinguish time can be affected by the air situation in your venue. When a ceiling fan, open window, or other source of air is acting on the candle, it will extinguish quicker (as with any candle). Be mindful of this.
- The candles extinguish 3/5ths of the way down (a bit more than half). This means that candle holders which cover the bottom third of the candle will require you to fill them with melted wax or even clay so that the candle sits higher in it. The best thing is to look for shallow candle holders or even simply melt the candle to a surface, though many options are discussed in the manual.
- Every order will come with an equal number of ungaffed candles. If you order 72 gaffed candles, you'll receive 72 identical-looking but ungaffed candles as well.
- Orders will begin shipping Thursday, May 4.
If you'd like to order in larger quantities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.